The Shootout: Through Their Own Eyes

Saturday, July 17, 2010

After 60 minutes of regulation and 5 minutes of overtime the game between Team White and Team Red remained tied. A shootout would determine a winner. Here's what two key players had to say.


Cody Eakin:
It is something I have been working on a little bit.  I just kind of build up my speed and then when the goalie kind of reads your speed ....at the last second I fire on the brakes and really slow down and try and beat him. . .I think it is a pretty strong move and I was lucky today that it happened to go in.”


IMG_0056 by Chris.M.G..





IMG_0057 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0058 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0059 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0062 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0067 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0069 by Chris.M.G..


Andy Miele:


“Well it was a little bit of pressure since if I score we win if I don’t then it goes on to another shooter. But up at school we do shootouts every week, and I always go in slow like that and it really rattles the goalies. So I thought I would try it with him and it worked out pretty well....Guys were joking around that it looked like I was walking on the ice. It is what I do. It works, so I’ll stick with it. ...If you are not crafty and you are a little guy like me you are going to get tossed around there going against guys like Joe Finley, who are huge. 


IMG_0070 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0071 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0072 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0073 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0074 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0075 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0076 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0077 by Chris.M.G..IMG_0080 by Chris.M.G..


IMG_0093 by Chris.M.G..
Miele's goal won the game for team white.

0 comments:

Post a Comment